David L. Smith Attorney
David L. Smith received his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from University of Missouri in 1971 and his law degree from the University of Missouri in 1973. His legal career began in Springfield, Missouri, where he practiced with a firm for five years.
In 1979, he joined the firm where he has practiced continuously since that time. Mr. Smith has 42 years of experience in both litigation and office practice with a current emphasis upon corporate and business law as well as real estate, estate planning, and probate.
In his transactional practice, Mr. Smith has assisted many clients in buying and selling businesses and real estate, complex loan transactions, business formation and corporate governance, and maintains a substantial banking practice with an emphasis upon foreclosures and collections.
Mr. Smith’s practice includes estate planning such as trusts and wills as well as a large probate practice including guardianships, conservatorships, and decedent’s estates. In addition, he represents many local businesses and non-profit corporations.
He is always giving back to his community by devoting time to civic and charitable organizations, previously serving as Chairman of the Board of Skaggs Regional Medical Center now known as Cox Health Branson.
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Missouri and U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri, 1974
- University of Missouri, J.D., 1973
- University of Missouri, B.S. Business Administration, 1971
Associations and Memberships
- Taney County Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Board of Directors, Skaggs Community Health Center, now Cox Health Branson, 2003 – 2012
- Board Secretary, Skaggs Community Health Center, 2007 – 2008
- Vice-Chairman, Skaggs Community Health Center, 2008 – 2010
- Chairman of the Board, Skaggs Community Health Center, now Cox Health Branson, 2010 – 2012
- Board of Directors, Skaggs Foundation, 2005 – 2012
- Vice-Chairman, Skaggs Foundation, 2006 – 2009
- President of Branson Daybreakers Rotary 1993-1994
- President of Board of Directors of Christian Action Ministries 1995-1996
- Past member of Board of Directors of various organizations including Boys and Girls Club, Big Brothers & Big Sisters, and others
Cantwell, Smith & Trokey, LLP serves clients in Branson and throughout Taney and Stone Counties, in Missouri, as well as nationally.