Matthew F. Trokey Attorney
Matthew F. Trokey, joined the firm as a partner in 1992. He obtained his undergraduate degree from Missouri State University in 1985, and his law degree from Washington University in 1988.
Mr. Trokey’s practice is generally divided between litigation and general corporate work, emphasizing commercial litigation, creditor’s rights, condemnation law, banking law, and general business and corporate work. He serves as general counsel for several financial institutions and local governmental entities in the area.
Mr. Trokey has been a state certified mediator since January of 2005.
Mr. Trokey has been an active member in the Taney County and Stone County communities serving as a board member of various organizations including Skaggs Foundation, Faith Community Health Center, Lives Under Construction Boys Ranch, and Habitat for Humanity.
- Missouri and U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 1989
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest recognition possible in the legal industry, for his professionalism and ethics
- Washington University, J.D., 1988
- Southwest Missouri State University, B.S., magna cum laude, 1985
Associations and Memberships
- Taney County and American Bar Associations
- The Missouri Bar
- Skaggs Foundation 2015 – Present
- Faith Community Health Center, Board Member, 2010-2014
- Lives Under Construction Boys Ranch, Board Member, 2001-2010
- Lives Under Construction Boys Ranch, Chairman of Board, 2009-2010
- Mountain Country Habitat for Humanity, past Board Member
Cantwell, Smith & Trokey, LLP serves clients in Branson and throughout Taney and Stone Counties, in Missouri, as well as nationally.